Junior Golf Academy-2018
The Weibring Golf Club Junior Academy is an innovative golf program for juniors 4 – 16 years of age. The program will be administered by Stacey Miller, Assistant Golf Professional and former Futures Tour player .
Our goal with the program is designed to facilitate a fun atmosphere where learning can take place. We plan to cover golf etiquette, short game and full swing fundamentals, along with helping juniors transfer those skills onto the golf course. We also offer a fitness aspect which relates golf skill movements with other common athletic sports. Each session will be Monday-Thursday (4 days) with Friday serving as a rain date. The progression of the week is designed to allow each participant’s golf skills to build off each day’s lesson. Being able to enjoy the game of golf and have FUN is of most importance! For more questions about our junior academy, please call Stacey at (309) 438-8065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Session One: June 18 – 21 (22rd rain date if necessary)
Session Two: July 23 – July 26 (27th rain date if necessary)
- If desired, juniors are welcome to participate in both sessions
- Instruction will be same for both sessions
|Ages 4-7||50 minutes||8 am – 8:50 am||$60|
|Ages 8-11||1 hour, 30 minutes||9:15 am – 10:45 am||$75|
|Ages 12-16||1 hour, 30 minutes||11:15 am – 12:45 pm||$75|
- If comfortable, participants may move up to the next age group division
- Please request this on the application.
Monday: Golf Etiquette and Introduction to Putting
Tuesday: Introduction to Chipping, Pitching, and Bunker Play
Wednesday: Introduction to Full Swing
Thursday: Play Several Holes on Course and Clinic Wrap-up
- Note each day of teaching will involve a fitness and etiquette aspect
- Friday is available for instruction in case of inclement weather
What to Bring
- Golf Equipment (clubs and golf glove)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, tennis shoes
- Water bottle
- Make sure to bring your SMILE!
- Note: Please let us know on the application if your child will need to borrow clubs so we can prepare accordingly)