Weibring Junior Golf League Golf-2017
Weibring Junior Golf League
May 22 – August 7, 2017
No play on July 3rd and July 17th
2017 Junior Golf League Registration Form
Team Practices – Monday 5:30pm-6:30pm
Competition dates (4-6) TBD
Two-person Scramble format
Weibring Junior Golf League (WJGL) is designed to bring a “Little League” atmosphere to the game of golf. With teams of 6-10 boys and girls, age 15 and under, WJGL provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have fun! This is a great way to get, and keep, kids involved in the game.
The WJGL format includes one evening per week of team practice and one additional evening per week during the competitive season for matches. Team practices will be held Monday evenings 5:30p-6:30p with instruction provided by Stacey Miller, PGA Assistant Professional.
Team Weibring will play 4-6 matches (1-home and 1-away) against other teams in our community. The golf courses will be set up for the competitions at no more than 2,800 yards (Red/Gold tees) making the courses much more manageable.
Juniors will be paired with another teammate and play a two-person scramble, match play scoring, against an opponent twosome. Each competition will be played over 9 holes and is broken down into three 3-hole matches.
League Fee $250 and includes:
- 10 Lessons/Team Practices with Stacey Miller, PGA Assistant Professional
- Team jersey for Matches
- Greens Fees for all Matches
- Sleeve of Balls
- Golf Glove
- Bag of Tees
- Use of Private Mounier Golf Training Center during Team Practices
- Complimentary Junior Golf at Weibring with the purchase of an Adult Round of Golf ( complimentary junior golf expires Aug 13, 2017)
Parents are responsible for transportation to all practices and competitions – home and away.
- Parents/Spectators are permitted to encourage, cheer and be supportive of our Team and all junior players; however, they must stay on the cart path and they :
- Are not permitted to coach or give advice to players
- Are never allowed on the green
- May enter the fairway only if it is to assist in raking bunkers, filling divots.
Violations of these rules will incur a warning, and then a loss of point for that parent’s team. The host professional has full authority over visitors to the facility.